Sunday, February 16, 2014

Layout


This is one of the current layout backgrounds for the 15 sec short. There's going to be a crying child in front of her mom's tomb and her mom in spirit, floating around the moon. (Oh yeah, the character design for mother is for this thing haha)
I spent a lot of time for details but because of the lighting, it's not as shown as I would have wished. Maybe I could brighten up some details to make it better.. but waaaay later. yup. So click it to see it big! ;)

 And this is my thinking process for the layout. I tried to use the line of action to guide the audience. Of course, I am sure there are better ways to support the story and guide the audience but as a student, it was pretty challenging.
But of course, observing films to see how they composed the scene helped a lot. Cinematography is freaking fascinating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment